|St. Benedict's Youth programs, activities, and events available for all teens in grades 9-12. Our mission is to invite teens into a closer relationship with Jesus and His Church. We use relevant teaching techniques and authentic relationship to help teens understand what it is to live true Christianity. We also have all levels of involvement so teens can pick and choose.|
Youth Ministry Update
Changes are happening this year in Youth Ministry as we try to meet the needs of teens and families and prepare for the On Mission for the Church Alive! We will meet once a month on Sundays as a large group. We will also be doing collaborative events with the Youth Group at St. Francis of Assisi.
- Bible studies on the book of James will be held every week rotating between the two churches (see below for details).
- St. Francis of Assisi Church has also asked us to help clean out their old church as they are hoping to turn it into an outreach center, so that will be the focus our service projects.
- Teens and their parents are encouraged to attend Fr. Adam’s Genius of Love series on Tuesday evenings from 6:00 to 7:00 pm in the Chapel. This will focus on the human desire to love and be loved. At times teens and parents will be addressed separately.
- We will have monthly social activities, such as “Faith Afloat” and ice-skating at PPG Center.
- And of course, there will be the Fall Retreat! (see below)
We are trying to accommodate busy schedules and changing times. If your teen is unable to make these dates, formed.org has amazing podcasts and videos that inspire and explain the Catholic faith for all ages.
Journey with James
This semester we are encouraging teens to learn more about the Bible. We will be starting with the Book of James (because he talks so much about the Christian faith) and examining ourselves to see if we’re bearing works worthy of a genuine Christian. This journey will be offered biweekly, with the same sessions here and at St. Francis of Assisi. Bibles will be available, but feel free to bring your own.
- Chapel at St. Benedict of the Abbot on Sundays from 7:00 to 8:00 pm on October 1, 15, 29, November 5, 19
- Finley Hall at St. Francis of Assisi on Wednesdays from 7:15 to 8:15 pm on September 27, October 11, 25, November 1, 15
Faith Afloat - An Afternoon on the Gateway Clipper
Faith Afloat is an awesome opportunity to grow in your deepest identity as sons and daughters of God and fall more in love with your faith, aboard the Gateway Clipper Empress. The cruise takes place on Sunday, October 15. We will leave St. Benedict at 2:00 pm and return around 7:00 pm. The day includes dinner, transportation, music and some pretty cool speakers for $15. Registration (payment and permission form) is due by Thursday, October 5. There will be a $5 late fee if registration is received after the 5th.
The Fall Retreat “Made for Greatness” November 17 - 19
Have you ever had a day where you felt like it would never stop? Test after test, friendship and relationship struggles, projects, practices, games … you name it. Have you experienced days that are insanely busy, tiring and just kind of annoying? The constant and unrelenting pursuit of: attention, status, achievement, love, admiration, titles, scholarships and fame can make our lives unreal. You were born to be great! In order to live out the life Christ is calling you to own, hand over whatever is trying to take control of your life to the One who has your back. Camp Allegheny is under construction this year so space is extremely limited. To reserve a spot, turn your $50 non-refundable deposit and permission form in ASAP. Registration deadline is Sunday, October 22, but it may be booked by then. If you haven't experienced the fall retreat, you don't know what you're missing. If you have, you can't wait for this year!
Get Connected in any or all ways:
- Join the Youth Ministry group on The City.
- Follow stbensyg on Instagram
- Check out the Youth Ministry Tab on sbapeters.org
- If you haven’t received an email from Youth Ministry, send your current email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make Mass Matter – Get Involved!
Teens, we would love to have your youth and enthusiasm more present at Masses! There are many ways to help, such as lecturing, greeting, altar serving and ushering. Also, if you are 18 you can be a Eucharistic Minister. To volunteer call Janet at 724 941 9587 ext. 112 for more information.
Stay up to date with Youth Ministry on The City
When you want the news and info on youth ministry, make sure you are on The City and are in the group. All teens and parents are encouraged to be a part of it!