Welcome to St. Benedict the Abbot Church!
On behalf of Father Bob, Father Adam and the Welcoming Ministry, we extend a warm welcome to visitors, new members, and those thinking of joining our parish. We encourage you to fill out a registration form, print it and mail or bring it to the church office. You can also pick up a copy of the form at the church office. We are a very large parish (almost 10,000 members) and we’d like you to feel connected and aware of the various spiritual and social ministries St. Benedict has to offer. Everyone’s spiritual and social needs vary; there are multiple resources available, whether it be for children, teens, or adults, married or single.
Let’s look at a few:
- If you seek spiritual growth, we have Catholic Scripture Study, Eucharistic Adoration, RCIA, Faith Formation for grades K through 8, children's liturgy, and Catholic Men’s Fellowship.
- Interested in being a lector, Eucharistic minister, greeter, usher or altar server?
- For the music-minded, our Music Ministry has four choirs and two handbell choirs—Adult Choir, Contemporary Choir, Resurrection Choir, Young Peoples Choir, Adult Handbell Choir and Young Peoples Handbell Choir.
- Social activities abound: Ben’s Men, Women of St Benedict (WOSB), Youth Ministry, Abbey Coffee House, St. Benedict Gardeners, Abbey Players for our young people, bowling league and many others.
- Support Groups include MOMS, Widows/Widowers, grief support, Repast Committee and others.
- In our community, we help at the local Food Pantry, St. Vincent de Paul, Family Promise and Meals on Wheels.
This is but a sample of what awaits you as an active member of St Benedict. To get involved in these and other ministries contact the person listed on our Ministries Contact Information page.
We encourage you to really delve into the website, attend Abbey Coffee House after Sunday Mass to meet other parishioners, and be open to life-enhancing experiences here at St Benedict the Abbot Church!
Note: In order for adults to participate as a volunteer in many of the St. Benedict ministries, it is necessary to be compliant with the Safe Environment Program and complete the Child Protection Clearance.
For assistance, please contact Cindy Peterson at 724.825.8880.
Click on the link above to download the Registration Form. You may fill in the form on your computer before you print it. To print the Registration Form, please change the Page Scaling to "Fit to Printable Area" or "Shrink to Printable Area" in the print dialog box that appears after you choose "File > Print". Please print the form and and mail or bring it to the church office*. You may also pick up a blank registration form in the church office.
*Please Note: You cannot send a copy of this form by email.