Faith Formation Selections
“The Christian family is the first place for education in prayer.” (Catechism of the Catholic Church)
Home Study Selection (Grades K-6, omitting grades 1, 2, 7, and 8)
- Review and complete the textbook at home, complete the unit reviews and email to the Faith Formation Office. See the menu for End of Unit Reviews by grade level.
- We expect and encourage participation in at least 5 Faith Builders and 1 Service Project (see list below)
- It is always expected that families offer worship at weekly Sunday Mass
- It is assumed that families pray together daily
- See home-schooling guidelines on our web site
Faith Builders (these events are intended for all families, but home-schooling families are especially encouraged to participate, see the bulletin and web site for details as the event approaches)
- Pet Blessing
- Visit to Bethlehem
- Advent Penance Service
- Christmas Eve Mass
- Christmas Day Mass
- Attend Mass on Holy Days of Obligation
- Mardi Gras
- Stations of the Cross (Fridays of Lent)
- Lenten Penance Service
- Holy Thursday Mass of the Lord’s Supper
- Good Friday Services
- Vacation Bible School
Weekly Faith Formation Classes (Grades K-6)
- Sunday session at 8:40 – 9:50 am or 11:10 am – 12:20 pm
- Tuesday session at 6:00 pm – 7:15 pm
Please note that weekly attendance at these sessions is recorded. Parents should assist with the lesson at home if a child misses due to illness. Please follow the grade level syllabus provided by your child’s catechist or found on our web site.
Middle School Faith Formation Classes (Grades 7- 8)
- Wednesday sessions will be held weekly at 6:00 – 7:15 pm for both grade levels
- Classroom participation is alternated weekly with Middle School Ministry activities
Please note that weekly attendance at these sessions is recorded. Students should complete the lesson at home if class is missed due to illness. The grade level syllabus will be distributed during class and will be available on our web site.
Family–Based Sexuality Program
- Diocesan program, “Catholic Vision of Love and Sexuality” is available on-line for grades 5-6. The text, Talking to Youth about Sexuality: A Parent’s Guide is available in the Faith Formation Office for purchase.
- Lessons for grades 7 and 8 also will be reinforced during Wednesday sessions in large group.
- “Meet and Greet” Sessions for parents will be held on the first day of classes.
- First Reconciliation Parent meeting
- First Eucharist Parent meeting
- Confirmation Parent meeting
Service Project Suggestions
- Relay for Life (grade 6 +)
- Vacation Bible School counselor (grade 7+)
- Visit to Bethlehem (grades 5, 6, 7 and 8)
- Altar Server (grade 5+)
- Fish Fry Server (grade 6+)
- Help with IHN (Interfaith Hospitality Network)
- Serve as a Classroom Assistant
- Serve as a First Holy Communion Retreat Day Assistant